If you are looking for some book club questions to discuss Fourth Wing with your friends, here are some suggestions. These discussion questions are based on the plot, characters, and themes of the book, as well as some personal opinions and reflections. You can use these questions to spark a lively and engaging conversation about the book.
Fourth Wing is a fantasy romance novel by Rebecca Yarros. It is the first book in the Empyrean series. It follows the adventures of Violet Sorrengail and her fellow cadets as they train to become dragon riders for the kingdom of Navarre. The book is full of action, suspense, magic, and romance, as well as themes of family, loyalty, courage, and identity.
Before the discussion questions, let’s take a look at the frequently asked questions about the Fourth Wing book.
FAQs about the book
Q: What is the book Fourth Wing about?
A: Fourth Wing is about Violet Sorrengail, a young woman who is forced by her mother to join the Rider Quadrant, where she has to train to become a dragon rider for the kingdom of Navarre. Along the way, she meets Xaden Aetos, the wing leader of Flame Squad and her love interest. Xaden helps her overcome her physical condition and discover her true potential. Together, they face many challenges and dangers, as well as secrets and mysteries that will change their lives forever.
Q: Who is Rebecca Yarros?
A: Rebecca Yarros is a New York Times bestselling author of romance novels. She is also a military spouse who has lived all over the world with her husband and four children.
Q: When was Fourth Wing published?
A: Fourth Wing was published on April 5, 2023, by Entangled Publishing.
Q: How many books are in the Empyrean series?
A: The Empyrean series consists of four books: Fourth Wing, Second Flame, Third Claw, and First Tail. The second book is expected to be released in 2024.
Q: Is Fourth Wing suitable for young readers?
A: Fourth Wing is recommended for readers who are 18 years or older, due to its intimate scenes, violence, and use of profanity. However, some younger readers may also enjoy it if they are comfortable with these elements.
You might also like:
- Dinners With Ruth Book Club Questions and Discussion Guide
- Tom Lake Book Club Questions for Discussion
Book club discussion questions for Fourth Wing
1. What do you think of the opening scene of the book, where Violet learns that her mother has ordered her to join the Rider Quadrant instead of the Scribe Quadrant? How did this scene set the tone and expectations for the rest of the book?
2. How would you describe Violet’s relationship with her mother, General Sorrengail? Why do you think her mother is so harsh and demanding with her? Do you think her mother cares about her or only sees her as a tool for her ambitions?
3. What effects did Violet’s physical state have on her cadet performance and self-esteem? How did she cope with her pain and weakness? How did others treat her because of her condition?
4. What did you think of Xaden Aetos, the wing leader of Flame Squad and Violet’s love interest? What made him different from the other cadets? How did he and Violet develop their attraction and trust for each other?
5. What role did Dain Aetos, Xaden’s brother and Violet’s childhood friend, play in the story? How did he help Violet in her training and challenges? How did he feel about Violet and Xaden’s relationship?
6. What were some of the most memorable scenes or events in the book for you? Why did they stand out to you? How did they affect your emotions or opinions?
7. What did you think of the dragons in the book? How were they portrayed and characterized? How did they communicate and bond with their riders? Which dragon was your favorite and why?
8. What were some of the challenges or dangers that Violet and her squad faced in their training and missions? How did they overcome them or learn from them? Which challenge or danger was the most difficult or scary for you to read about?
9. What were some of the secrets or mysteries that were revealed or hinted at in the book? How did they affect your understanding of the plot or characters? Which secret or mystery surprised you the most or left you with more questions?
10. What were some of the themes or messages that the book explored or conveyed? How did they relate to your own experiences or views? Which theme or message resonated with you the most or challenged you to think differently?
11. How did Violet grow or change as a character throughout the book? What were some of the turning points or catalysts for her growth or change? How did her growth or change affect her relationships with others?
12. What character development or change did Xaden go through throughout the book? What major events or motivators caused him to change or grow? How did his development or change impact his interpersonal relationships?
13. How did Violet and Xaden’s relationship evolve throughout the book? What were some of the obstacles or conflicts that they faced in their relationship? How did they resolve them or compromise with each other?
14. What did you think of the ending of the book? Did it satisfy you or leave you wanting more? How do you think it sets up for the next book in the series?
15. If you could ask Rebecca Yarros one question about Fourth Wing, what would it be and why?
16. If you could change one thing about Fourth Wing, what would it be and why?
17. If you could cast actors to play Violet, Xaden, Dain, and other characters in a movie adaptation of Fourth Wing, who would you choose and why?
18. If you could be a dragon rider in Navarre, which quadrant would you join and why? Which dragon would you want to bond with and why?
19. If you could visit one place in Navarre, where would it be and why? What would you do there?
20. If you could recommend Fourth Wing to someone who has not read it yet, how would you describe it and persuade them to read it?
Fourth Wing book club discussion questions: conclusion
Fourth Wing is a captivating and thrilling fantasy romance novel that will keep you hooked from the first page to the last. We hope you enjoyed reading Fourth Wing and that you will continue with the rest of the Empyrean series. The book club questions for Fourth Wing that we have presented in this article may give you useful guidance.
Kamran is a literature graduate from a reputed university. He started his journey in the world of writing blogs in 2012. Over the years, his passion for writing and love of books evolved into a dedicated book blog. With a discerning eye from a literature lover, he offers reviews, summaries, and thought-provoking discussion questions.