Welcome to join us as we explore “The Perfect Marriage” through our book club questions. Jeneva Rose is the author of this wonderful narrative. This psychological thriller delves deeply into the seemingly perfect lives of Sarah and Adam Morgan. When Adam is accused of murdering his mistress, their lives take a terrible turn. Sarah is an excellent criminal defense attorney. She decides to take on his case, which begins a series of lies, betrayals, and devastating truths.
You can read The Perfect Marriage book summary here.
We warmly welcome you to join us as we explore a number of provocative questions as we go into the core of this compelling narrative. They will unravel the complexities of this intricate story.
Questions for a book club meeting about “The Perfect Marriage” by Jeneva Rose
1. How did Adam and Sarah’s alternating first-person perspectives help you understand both their characters and the events unfolding in the plot?
2. Discuss the relevance of the Lake House to the narrative and how the plot developed as a result. How does this represent the story as a symbol?
3. What do you think of Sarah and Adam as a couple at first? How did the development of the narrative affect your opinion of their relationship?
4. Examine the book’s theme of deception. What effects did Sarah’s job as a criminal defense lawyer have on her decisions and actions throughout the novel?
5. What effects do Kelly/Jenna’s past accusations of abuse and the murder of her ex-husband, Greg Miller, have? What impact does this past have on the current events?
6. Talk about the character of Sheriff Ryan Stevens. What effect does his involvement with Kelly/Jenna have on the investigation? What does it reveal about his motives and ethics?
7. What do you think of Eleanor Morgan, Adam’s mother, and her role in the story? How does Morgan’s family relationships change as a result of her trust in Adam’s innocence?
8. Discuss Sarah’s efforts to find the truth about Adam. Why did she go to such great pains to defend him, even while he looked unwilling to cooperate?
9. Discuss the ethical issues the author highlights through Sarah’s actions, such as her effort to get DNA without consent. How do her decisions impact the legal profession and her character?
10. Talk about the decision and Adam’s following sentencing. Given the evidence that was presented throughout the trial, were you surprised by the result?
You might also like:
11. How does the author use the ten-year time leap to add interest and suspense to the story? How does this narrative choice affect the way you feel about the characters?
12. Examine Sarah’s ultimate revelation about her involvement in Kelly/Jenna’s murder. What does this revelation tell us about the moral compass and the motivations of her character?
13. Talk about the theme of revenge in the book. Especially in regard to Sarah’s desire for revenge against Adam’s infidelity and Bob’s desire to get retribution for the murder of his brother.
14. How is the concept of trust in romantic and family relationships explored in the book? How are these relationships impacted by the characters’ betrayals?
15. Consider the significance of Adam’s execution and the characters present during the event. What themes does the story summarize in this scene?
16. In what parts of the novel did you find yourself empathizing with someone whose acts were morally dubious? If not, why not?
17. Examine Bob’s character and how he contributes to the conclusion of the narrative. How does his personality change as the story progresses?
18. Consider the implications of Sarah’s final confession on the death of her mother. How does this new information alter the way you feel about Sarah?
19. Discuss the title of the book, “The Perfect Marriage.” How does it relate to the events and issues the novel explores?
20. If you could rewrite the ending of the book, what changes would you make? How would they impact the story’s overall message and tone?
These questions for The Perfect Marriage book can serve as a starting point for deeper discussions about the characters, themes, and plot changes.
If you enjoyed reading this novel, you may want to read more books by Jeneva Rose. Following are some of the titles:
Now we come to the end with our discussion of “The Perfect Marriage” through these book club questions. We hope you’ve enjoyed the journey into the complex thoughts and lives of Sarah, Adam, and the other endearing characters. We were completely engrossed in the narrative from start to finish because of Jeneva Rose’s expertly created plot that was full of twists and moral dilemmas.
The depth of human nature, the effects of deception, and how far people will go to hide their secrets are all explored in this novel. It serves as a sharp reminder that behind the perfect surface often lies a sea of hidden wishes and motives.
We like you to join in the discussion of “The Perfect Marriage” with your book club or other readers by sharing your own questions. The conversations it inspires may be just as fascinating as the stories themselves. Because great literature is designed to be shared. We appreciate you joining us on this literary journey, and we wish you much success in finding books that are equally engrossing and thought-provoking in the future. Happy reading!
Kamran is a literature graduate from a reputed university. He started his journey in the world of writing blogs in 2012. Over the years, his passion for writing and love of books evolved into a dedicated book blog. With a discerning eye from a literature lover, he offers reviews, summaries, and thought-provoking discussion questions.